Real People. Real Business.
September 19, 2019
“The most distinguishable, unforgettable quality you have is the story that made you.”
- Story teller and writer, helping thought leaders give words to their experiences so they can build their platform.
- Breaking the rules with delight, to create “boxcutting” experiences and truly personal stories.
- Dedicated to her vision, and stands by her values to break away from problematic and misleading practices in her industry.
Caroline defines growth as “falling in love with your business”, and admits she hasn’t always been in love with her own. But she has realized that in her business, growth means pivoting from writing to coaching, and how that new direction is making her feel the passion again.
Make sure to listen to the full episode to hear Caroline’s insightful, thoughtful and relatable advice, and to be inspired by her dedication to her vision and to her customers finally finding peace and solidarity with their own stories.
- How nursing helped her stay focused on staying the course building her business as a writer
- Why she avoided copywriting at first
- “You need to invest in your skills and development, even as an artist”
- Copywriters don’t need a formula – they just need to be creative
- “Structuring your bio is like trying to fit yourself into a coffin-shaped box”
- People who need bios need to be personified and to synthesize their story before they can really market themselves
- Work gets deeper when you niche down
- You have to experience the effects of your experimentation before you are clear on whether or not it worked
- Growth for Caroline equates to falling in love with her business
- Why money isn’t usually a main motivator
- “Bringing our humanity and our stories into business is a way to make the business world better”
- Pivoting from writing to coaching allowed her to find her own growth
- “Move towards what feels good”
- Why intimacy is such an important part of her business
- “The litmus test of a well-told story is if you can make it into a short film”
- “We have lots of tools in the online business world but what does it matter if no one knows how to engage with them?”
- There’s nothing wrong with slow growth
- “Being naive allows you to dare to do the hard thing”
I am a small business strategist whose personalized approach helps entrepreneurs achieve next-level growth. I create highly-customized business models that have enabled clients to double and triple their income without working longer hours. Whether they’re service providers or product creators, I help my client build the confidence and find the clarity they need to feel energized by their new business direction.