Real People. Real Business.
Interview with Maggie Patterson of Small Business Boss
April 7, 2021
“Trust is the most fundamental thing we can build in any relationship.”
- Advocates for authenticity.
- Believes in the importance of honesty and respect.
- Supports the process of slowing down.
Maggie Patterson is the face of Small Business Boss where she helps entrepreneurs cut through the BS as you build your service-based business.
She teaches business owners to do things differently, put people first, and wholeheartedly own what you do. Maggie knows what it takes to build a simple and sustainable business – without the fluff.
In this episode, Maggie discusses the importance of authenticity, being honest with yourself and your clients, and how to recognize fact from fiction.
- Started business back in 2005 when she transitioned into motherhood
- Knew exactly how to start her business, as she had been “practicing” throughout her previous career
- Fear is a powerful motivator
- “Trust is the most fundamental thing we can build with anyone in any relationship.”
- Learned how to build relationships early on when technology wasn’t a big player
- How do you distinguish between authenticity and manufactured humanity?
- Slow down before you make decisions
- Business owners are ultimately optimists
- Celebrity entrepreneurs are essentially a group of big name celebrity leaders in this industry
- You need to recognize the tactics that try to draw you in to their scheme
- It’s crucial to be transparent from the beginning
- How do you treat your clients and community with respect?
- The majority of entrepreneurs just want a life they are excited about, not necessary the sexy aspect
- People don’t know what they don’t know, and the “fake it ‘til you make it” doesn’t always work
- Mimicry won’t align your values
- “Specificity is incredibly important.”
- Some of the best leaders are are quiet and not visible
I am a small business strategist whose personalized approach helps entrepreneurs achieve next-level growth. I create highly-customized business models that have enabled clients to double and triple their income without working longer hours. Whether they’re service providers or product creators, I help my client build the confidence and find the clarity they need to feel energized by their new business direction.