Real People. Real Business.
Interview with Sara Weisgerber of Currents Marketing
May 19, 2021
“It’s not my business. It’s our business. We’re all working towards growing it.”
- Believes in the power of teamwork.
- Finds great value in asking for help.
- Understands the importance of knowing what you want.
Sara Weisgerber knew from a young age that she wanted to run her own business. After a degree, numerous jobs (hello, worker bee!) and a handful of “what am I doing?” moments, Sara created her pride and joy, Currents Marketing.
Through her business, Sara and her handpicked team help keep your business current by focusing on social media management, commercial photography and reputation management, so you can focus on your business and leave the social game to the professionals!
Tune in to this episode to hear how Sara is growing her business through her team, what her next steps are, and to receive some social media insider information!
- Started her entrepreneur journey as a photographer
- Didn’t want to work in only one industry
- Capturing how your client interacts with others is imperative to acting as them on their social seamlessly
- “We need to know who they are outside of that business and then who they want to be online.”
- Has always wanted an agency, and has now grown her business to include various contractors and employees working together as a team
- “It’s not my business. It’s our business. We’re all working towards growing it.”
- “The biggest shift is learning to ask people to help.”
- “I don’t want to be a helicopter boss.”
- Isn’t afraid to say she is not the right fit for a client’s needs
- You need to be consistently engaging with your audience authentically or it won’t work
- Content should support your engagement strategy, not the other way around
- “I will always have a to-do list, but being able to bring in a team to support me with that to-do list has been amazing.”
- Does most of her planning when she is able to step away from work
- Is always thinking about her next goal and how to accomplish that
- Break your tasks down into something you can do in an hour or two
- “It’s almost like I needed to be validated by other people charging that.”
- There is a big difference between revenue and profit
- FREE Consult – Book your 30-minute consult here!
I am a small business strategist whose personalized approach helps entrepreneurs achieve next-level growth. I create highly-customized business models that have enabled clients to double and triple their income without working longer hours. Whether they’re service providers or product creators, I help my client build the confidence and find the clarity they need to feel energized by their new business direction.